1. What did you learn this week?
This week I learned about the 5E Model of Instruction. These include engage, explore, explain, extend, and evaluate. The engage phase promotes learners' curiosity and interest, along with connects their prior knowledge. The explore phase provides the students with common experiences and allows them to tryout new ideas. In the explain phase, it gives opportunities for students to share their findings. In the elaborate phase, students apply their new learning through additional activities. And lastly in the evaluate phase, the learners can self-asses their learning.
2. How can you apply what you've learned to your teaching in the future?
I liked how we first learned about the 5E model of instruction and then were able to go off in groups and create our own presentation about it. I think doing activities like this help me retain more information of what I have learned, and I will be applying this to my future teaching. I like the idea of hands on activities after instruction, along with the freedom to customize things the way that we would like to. I think this makes it more enjoyable for students.
3. Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?
I found the in depth explanations for each 5E model of instruction clear. I think there were a lot of good examples and explanations for each E, and I think doing the powerpoints afterwards helped too. The one part I found confusing was actually remembering each E word. Since all of them start with an E I feel like I might get confused and/or forget what some of them are since they are all so similar. Overall, I think it was mostly pretty clear though.
Comments
Post a Comment