This week we learned about the different parts of flowers and how the pollination process works. We also talked more about ecosystems and food chains. We then learned about how both natural and human factors can either help or hinder food chains and food webs. We did an activity about turtles and saw some of the many different natural and human factors that effect them. 


I found almost everything that we did to be clear except for when we used the dried bees and brushed them on our plants. I understand the pollination process and that bees pollinate flowers, but I was confused how the dead bees that were dried up could actually work for pollination by gently touching them on our flowers. 


I can apply what I learned this week to my future teaching by integrating fun and interactive activities into certain lessons just like the turtle, turtle, watch out activity that we did. I think by doing this, kids can have more fun learning about something if it is a fun game for them to play. 

Comments