What did you learn this week?

This week I learned about biomes, ecosystems, and habitats. Biomes are large areas that have similar climate conditions to the types of plants and animals. Habitats are specific places where a certain community of organisms live. An ecosystem is a community of both living and non living things that all interact with each other. We also learned about food chains and food webs. 

Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?

I found the different biomes and examples of biomes, what ecosystems are, and what habitats are very clear. I also found how the living and non living things in ecosystems interact clear as well. The visual representations and models helped me understand these. The part that I found confusing was the difference between food webs and food chains, because they both seem similar to me. 

Are you able to relate what you learned to what you already knew?

I am able to relate what i have already known about biomes, ecosystems, and habitats to what we have learned this week. I have previously learned about the different biomes and the animals that live in each of them. I have also learned about habitats before. I made a freshwater habitat model when I was younger, and it included what freshwater habitats for frogs are like. 

Comments