This week we learned about natural selection, adaptation, and evolution. We did a few different activities that demonstrated these new things that we learned. Something that I specifically thought was interesting that I learned is that populations evolve and not just the individual animal. In our lab, our hypothesis was that spoons would be the best predator and we were right because spoons were the largest populated at the end. I am able to relate what I learned this week to what I already knew because I have learned about evolution in previous classes that I have taken. I don't remember a lot of the stuff I learned before but the big and main ideas I remembered so it was familiar to me when we talked about it this week. I can apply what I learned to my teaching in the future through the simulations that we did. I have always enjoyed doing hands-on or visual activities when learning new things because it is very fun and much more memorable when doing it. I want to teach my students through interactive things and the simulations we did would be fun to use. 
 

Comments