What did you learn this week?
This week we learned about DNA. We learned what it is, where it is within cells, and we also learned about genes and traits. We got to see how different traits and genes work with the baby lab that we did because we got to see how the different dominant and recessive traits work. It was fun to see during that activity. 
Are you able to relative what you've learned to what you already knew?
Yes I am able to relate what we have learned this week to what I already knew. I have previously learned about DNA in past science classes that I have taken. A lot of the material that we covered is familiar with me. It was a good refresher though because I haven't talked about DNA and genes in a long time. 
How can you apply what you've learned to your future teaching?
I can apply what I have learned to my future teaching through the activities that we did in the lab. I thought the DNA strands were fun and a good visual and I think that can be used for young students because it was simple and fun to do. I also think the baby lab can be used for young students. It was fun and I think an activity similar to this can be beneficial.  

Comments

  1. Hi Grace! I really love your picture of the baby that you created! I thought this activity was so much fun and being able to work our peers was also really fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment