What did you learn this week?

This week we learned about a lot of new things. We talked about genes and gene mutations in lab, and then in lecture we talked about evolution and natural selection. It was interesting to see the connections that mutations have for evolution and natural selection. In lab, we went over our baby labs, and I thought it was really fun to see what everyone else's babies looked like. 

Are you able to relate what you've learned to what you already know?

Yes, I am able to relate what I have learned this week to what I already knew. I have previously learned about genetics in other science classes that I have taken. I have also learned about evolution before. Many of the things that we talked about were familiar with me, but I have not really talked about any of these ideas for some time. 

Which parts did you find clear and which were confusing?

I found most of the stuff that we learned this week to be pretty clear because I have learned about this stuff before. The one thing that I found confusing was the things about DNA and RNA because the questions that were asked at the beginning of lab I did not know the answer to. Things like what DNA and RNA are made up of were confusing to me. 

Comments