This week we learned about matter. Specifically, we learned about the properties of matter, what matter is, what is considered matter, and matters reactions and interactions. We did this through observing different stations, each showing different things of matter. I am able to relate what I learned to what I already knew because I have taken many classes before this one where I learned about matter and the properties of matter. Many of the big ideas and concepts that were introduced this week were all very familiar. The one new thing that changed my perspective on what we learned to what I already knew was the idea of new questions arising through each observation. When I learned about matter and its properties before, I never really thought of new or arising questions, but the different activities we did in lab made me think of questions that I never thought before. I can apply what I learned to my teaching in the future by using the activities that we did in lab with my future students. Each activity was really interesting and fun. It was also a way to be fully engaged and interested in the content. I think hands on activities and observations are beneficial to young students and not only helps them better understand what is being taught, but is a fun way to teach it.
Comments
Post a Comment