This week we learned about why plungers suction to surfaces, how particles move and break down each other, and we learned why ice melts faster on metal than on wood. We learned that ice melts faster on metal because wood is more porous than metal. It was interesting to see the explanations behind some of the phenomenon that we have been talking about for the past couple of weeks. I can apply what I have learned this week into my future teaching by using pictures and visual resources to aid in students' learning. We looked at pictures close up of wood and it showed how porous it is. I thought this was fun to see things like that while trying to figure out this phenomenon and I would like to use visual tools as a learning aid in my future teaching. I also thought the flip videos were fun because a lot of groups did it differently and I think this is something young students would enjoy doing. I want to be a first grade teacher, so my new question this week is do you think this activity we did in lab is appropriate for first graders or would it be too complex for that age group? Would it just need to be modified?
This week we learned about why plungers suction to surfaces, how particles move and break down each other, and we learned why ice melts faster on metal than on wood. We learned that ice melts faster on metal because wood is more porous than metal. It was interesting to see the explanations behind some of the phenomenon that we have been talking about for the past couple of weeks. I can apply what I have learned this week into my future teaching by using pictures and visual resources to aid in students' learning. We looked at pictures close up of wood and it showed how porous it is. I thought this was fun to see things like that while trying to figure out this phenomenon and I would like to use visual tools as a learning aid in my future teaching. I also thought the flip videos were fun because a lot of groups did it differently and I think this is something young students would enjoy doing. I want to be a first grade teacher, so my new question this week is do you think this activity we did in lab is appropriate for first graders or would it be too complex for that age group? Would it just need to be modified?

Comments
Post a Comment