This week we learned about the phenomena of baking soda and vinegar. We experimented this phenomena by putting vinegar in a beaker, filling a balloon with baking soda, and then putting the balloon over the beaker. It was interesting because the gas that this reaction creates made the balloon blow up and was cold to the touch. We wondered if the reaction would be bigger if we added more vinegar and baking soda, but it just fizzed up longer. I am able to relate what I have learned this week to what I already knew because I have learned that mixing different things like baking soda and vinegar causes a reaction. I never really knew the reason behind why it causes a reaction though, so it was fun to learn the why behind it. can apply what I have learned to my future teaching by allowing my students to explore different phenomena through hands on experiments like the one we did in this lab.
This week we learned about the phenomena of baking soda and vinegar. We experimented this phenomena by putting vinegar in a beaker, filling a balloon with baking soda, and then putting the balloon over the beaker. It was interesting because the gas that this reaction creates made the balloon blow up and was cold to the touch. We wondered if the reaction would be bigger if we added more vinegar and baking soda, but it just fizzed up longer. I am able to relate what I have learned this week to what I already knew because I have learned that mixing different things like baking soda and vinegar causes a reaction. I never really knew the reason behind why it causes a reaction though, so it was fun to learn the why behind it. can apply what I have learned to my future teaching by allowing my students to explore different phenomena through hands on experiments like the one we did in this lab.
Comments
Post a Comment