Week 13: Climate
What did you do in lab today?
I was not in lab because of a family emergency I was having this week.
What was the big question?
How do we know that the Goldfinch is in danger in Iowa?
What did you learn in Thursday's discussion?
I was not in discussion because of the family emergency.
Pressbook:
- What did you learn?
I learned that the Earth's atmosphere is a layer of different gases such as nitrogen and and oxygen. I also learned about the different greenhouse gases in the Earth's atmosphere such as carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, methane, water vapor, and ozone. These let the sunlight through to reach the surface of the earth. They are complex molecules too. I learned that the greenhouse effect is an important part of the Earth's natural processes and without these processes the earth's temperature would not be able to support life.
- What was most helpful?
I think that the video about greenhouse gases and the greenhouse effect animation were the most helpful to me because I was able to get a better idea of how these aspects work and how they play a role into the climate.
- What do you need more information on?
I would like more information about the carbon cycle. I thought the visual picture of it was helpful and the video but I still do not have the best knowledge about it.
- What questions, concerns, and/or comments do you have?
How did people find out about the Albedo Effect? I know the relationship it has with the positive feedback loop and what it is, but how did it come about? Was it not an idea at some point? Did people have different ideas of the climate and the earth before it?
Comments
Post a Comment